Translate

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Struggling to age with grace



Funny...my last post was three years ago and it was about "never giving up."  I was referring primarily to the fight against fibromyalgia which can briefly be described as "chronic and systemic inflammation without any identifiable reason."  It began in late 2014 following several physical and emotional traumas, and I've been learning how to live with it for the past five years now.

2011
Fibromyalgia isn't the worst health problem in the world, but it will certainly affect your lifestyle and activities. The good news is that it is manageable. Those of us afflicted by it learn to temper our activities, minimize our stress, and adjust our diets.  But we're also on a never-ending quest to find the best and latest miracle pill, miracle salve, or miracle device that will make our journey less painful

When I published my book, "Bucket List Weight Loss," I was eight years younger than I am now.  Eight years.  Think of the differences that happen to us between the ages of 10 and 18.  They're monumental.  The changes that have happened to me now that I'm truly a "senior" seem equally dramatic.  In fact, I tell everyone that aging is like going through adolescence, except that now we're smarter.

2019

In the process of aging eight years and dealing with health issues, I gained back enough weight to look healthy and normal, rather than emaciated.  I'm happy where I am now, at age 67 and 160 pounds.  The down side is that I can no longer do many yoga poses, and my stamina is greatly diminished.  Chronic pain has become a chronic companion.

Yet I can still say this with pride:  my shape looks pretty good for an older gal, at least with clothes on.

By writing "Bucket List," I etched my own successful weight-loss principles into my own head. Those principles still guide me in my food choices and self perception.  I knew that, once I'd written it all down in the book, I'd never be fat again.  As I approach the last couple decades of my life, I am still as confident of that as ever.

"Bucket List Weight Loss" is a story of discovery, but it could be your story as well as mine. You don't need an expensive program or pre-packaged foods to start feeling better TOMORROW.  All you need is to tune in to yourself.  "Bucket List Weight Loss" will help you do that.
 In fact, now more than ever, you need this book if you're over 40 and larger than you'd like to be.  Don't settle for less than you can easily have.  Don't short yourself or cheat yourself out of a life you've only dreamed of.


It's still available on Amazon for a song and a dance (or less).  Splurge on yourself and spend $12 on a book that can change your life.
https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-List-Weight-Loss-Manning/dp/148269414X/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=bucket+list+weight+loss&qid=1570300361&sr=8-2

1 comment:

  1. You look healthy and happy! Where would those of closer to 70 than 60 be without a few aches and pains but most of all the wisdom and grace of God to get through them make life wonderful!
    Love you lady!
    Linda Weygint

    ReplyDelete