Translate

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Go to bed hungry

"No one should go to bed hungry."  Our benevolent society indoctrinates us with this adage.  Unfortunately, a lot of overweight people find it convenient to take it literally.  This emotion-invoking phrase is supposed to be symbolic.  It means we should all be committed to fighting true hunger, starvation, malnutrition and extreme poverty in the world.

It does NOT mean we can't put on clean PJs and crawl into our cozy beds if our stomachs are growling because they haven't been fed for a few hours.

You are not going to die of starvation in your sleep if you're experiencing "hunger pangs" at bedtime.  You won't wake up sick and weak.  These hunger pangs won't even keep you awake all night as you may fear.

You will fall asleep.  You will wake up clear-headed, without any immediate sensation of hunger.  As you swing your legs to the floor, you will notice you have more energy than usual.  Then you'll remember that you got through the night without kitchen raids, that you went to bed hungry, and that you actually slept quite soundly.

That's a much better way to start your day, physically and mentally, than thinking "Ugh, I can't believe I ate a dozen cookies before bed last night."  Starting your day with uplifted spirits will help you sustain that "high" throughout the day.  You might just find yourself consciously eating less tonight, just so you can experience that same "high" again tomorrow.

And just wait till you step on the scale!

Go to bed hungry.  Just try it.  "Skinnier" is a great way to end one day and start the next.

6 comments:

  1. It's the most interesting thing. Wednesday I went to bed without dinner because by the time we had to leave for church, mine wasn't ready and when we got home it was too late to eat. It didn't matter that much, I wasn't that hungry anyway. But when I got up the next morning I still wasn't hungry. I think I ate a banana about 8:30 because I had gone to hot yoga and felt like I should have something. By lunch I was ravenous and ate well. But I didn't go off my plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admired your helpful words. Top class contribution. I really hope you’ll write more. I'll continue looking for. raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete
  3. The talent of collection the stuff that you are providing is so amazing. raspberry ketones

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one amongst the informative blogs that you shared with us. click here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been really impressed by going through this awesome blog. click here to visit site

    ReplyDelete