Translate

Monday, March 4, 2013

"Good" food shouldn't hurt

No matter how nutritious a food may be, it's not "good" for you if it causes you discomfort after you eat it.  Food that's good for you shouldn't cause you pain.

That's how I started my "Bucket List Weight Loss" journey three years ago.  I wasn't consciously trying to lose 40 pounds.  I simply wanted to feel better, so I started eliminating the foods that caused unpleasant side effects like gas and indigestion.  The list of verboten foods included some of the "best" (according to nutritionists)--things like oatmeal, bananas, sweet potatoes, whole grains, beans, and milk.  I like those foods too, but not enough to put up with the pain they cause my digestive system after I eat them.

As soon as I stopped eating these "pain foods," my appetite diminished, cravings disappeared, and energy level zoomed.  And yes, I lost 40 pounds.

As I wrote in Bucket List Weight Loss, start listening to your gut and tell your mind to shut up.  Like me, you probably have certain foods that produce a bad reaction for you.  Just because a food is touted as "nutritious" doesn't mean it's good for YOUR system.  Eat what your gut (not your head) tells you it wants, and you'll see the weight drop off like magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment