Translate

Saturday, March 23, 2013

What's in my fridge

Back in the days of diets (ugh!), my refrigerator and cupboards were bare, except for the "diet foods."  It was awful.  A houseful of cottage cheese, canned tuna and kale just didn't cut it when I was craving kettle chips.  Yet I figured it was better to not have the evil edibles in my presence, so I wouldn't be tempted.

When I finally got skinny my own way (NOT by dieting, but by following Bucket List Weight Loss), my fridge is always full of good stuff that I can--and want--to eat any time I get hungry.   Now, you might not like what I have on hand--and it's not necessary, because when you do Bucket List Weight Loss, you'll come up with your own list.  But here's what awaits me next time my stomach says, "I think I need some fuel."

  • Greek yogurt, plain, nonfat (to which I might add some sweetener and/or blueberries)
  • brown rice
  • cooked chicken
  • hard-boiled eggs
  • grapes
  • almond milk (great in coffee!)
  • grapefruit (got it from the 4-H kids, otherwise wouldn't be there)
  • lean pork, cooked in the crockpot yesterday
  • edamame in the freezer
  • fresh lemons for hot lemon-water tea
  • hummus
  • spinach
It may not be an impressive list, but I love the flavors and textures of all these things (sometimes all mixed together with some creative seasonings).

Make your own list by discovering which foods your body likes--they should be easy to digest, filling, satisfying in texture, and pleasing in taste.  No processed foods.  Nothing that comes with sugar and salt added. (Do you own seasoning.) You will happily discover your appetite decreases, your cravings go south, and your fat starts to melt.  And you'll no longer be searching for a bag of Doritos to get you through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment