Translate

Monday, May 20, 2013

Embrace your journey


"I want to lose weight.  I want to be thin.  Life will be wonderful when I've lost weight.  It will be the best thing I can possibly do for myself.  I'm so excited to know I'm finally going to lose weight!"

"But it will be awful getting to my goal.  I'll be hungry, cranky, impatient and disgusted.  I will crave things I can't have.  I'll be miserable.  It will be horrible.  I will hate the time between now and when I'm thin, because dieting sucks.  I wish I'd never let myself get fat in the first place."

Whoa!  Wait a minute!!  The journey toward your destination to the Size 6 rack should be enjoyable.  How could it not be?  Think of where you're going!

Remember the last big vacation trip you took?  You probably started planning for it several months in advance, and half the fun of the trip was in the planning and anticipation. Your weight-loss journey should be the same!  You're going to one of the most exciting places you've ever been (the Size 6's).  Embrace your journey and enjoy every minute of it!

  • "I love being hungry because I know I'm losing weight."
  • "I love being tempted and saying "No thanks," knowing I'll be thinner tomorrow."
  • "I love being tired because I know I've burned calories and worked by muscles."
  • "I love drinking water because I know it's helping me reach my weight loss goal."

Negative thoughts ("I hate this, I'm starving, I'm depriving myself, I resent not being able to eat like a pig, I'm destined to be fat...") won't get you ANY positive results.  Next time a negative thought about your diet enters your mind, sound a little alarm that turns it into a positive thought:  "I will be thinner tomorrow if I don't eat this.  I'll feel better.  I'll be that much closer to my goal."  After all, you have SO MUCH to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment