Translate

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Four hours from now I will be . . .

  • In a yoga class.  I don't want to have gas or indigestion.  So I won't eat anything NOW that has that effect on me.  No cookies, cake or wheat products, no potatoes, no bananas, beans, oatmeal, peanut butter, etc.
  • Riding my horse in mid-day heat.  Can't eat anything now that will upset me or feel heavy.  No big, rich anything.
  • Giving a lecture.  I want to be absolutely clear-headed and alert.  Can't eat any candy or refined sugar now, or I'll be buzzing like a drunk.
  • Running a road race.  Can't eat anything now that will affect my performance or upset my stomach then.  That means I stick with small portions of good carbs and protein, and plenty of water.
  • Sitting at the kids' soccer game.  I want to have the energy to cheer, and I want my jeans to feel a tad loose.  Better not eat anything now that's going to bloat me, or fog my mind.
  • At a semi-formal dinner party, and I want to look and feel sensational.  Can't eat anything now that will detract from that!  No greasy fries, no beer, no junk food.
  • Making love.  Can't eat anything now that will gas me up or make me uncomfortable.
  • Sleeping.  Can't eat anything now that will detract from restful, quality sleep.  That means nothing after 8 p.m. except water.

The "four hours from now" mindset becomes a tad addictive, especially when you discover how good it is to feel good...and how that fat is melting off your body with virtually no effort!   Before you eat that, think four hours ahead!

Bucket List Weight Loss, an e-book by Jan Manning  for Kindles, Nooks, iPads and computers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment