Translate

Monday, January 14, 2013

Hunger at bedtime

Last night when I climbed up the stairs to bed, my gut ("Gut")  felt mildly uncomfortable.  My instinctual first thought:  "Maybe I should put something in it to help settle it."  In a nanosecond, these images flashed through my brain:
  • Tums
  • milk chocolate
  • a cookie
  • a cracker

Fortunately Gut yelled back at me, just as I paused on the stairs, ready to go back to the kitchen.

"No, no, no!!  It's just a little hunger!  I'm fine.  Give me a sip of water and forget about me.  You'll go to sleep soon and wake up refreshed.  The hunger will be gone."

Gut was right.  What I'd been feeling was fine, normal, and did not require "medication" of any kind.  It's morning now, and I feel great.  Sure glad I listened, and told my mind to shut up!

No comments:

Post a Comment